Sunday, June 9, 2019

9 June 2019 Just a quiet Sunday evening

Dear Sweet Lucy,

It's another quiet evening and I am up by myself. Momma is asleep in bed with David and Mai Li. Emiko and Rose are downstairs in their room. I'm sure we would have all three of you big girls in one room. Those little girls would be so happy to have a big sister.

I have always loved fantasy books. The idea of entering other worlds or traveling through time--the idea of the great "what ifs" has always appealed to me.

When I think about you, I have many "what ifs" that come to mind. What if you had lived? Would we still have moved to Yuma? Would we have stayed? Would we have bought houses and rented houses? Would we have been called into the Branch Presidency? Your short, short life and your sad, sad death have shaped our lives beyond our comprehension to understand.

I was just reading some of the entries that Momma wrote in here. I know that you know how lucky you are to have such a nice mom. We both mean it when we say that your death was the saddest day of our lives. Never before and never after have we felt days so devoid of sunshine. We miss you. We miss you so much.

I hope you get to read this journal (somehow!).

We love you and are trying to be good so we can be together again.

With all my love,

Poppa


No comments:

Post a Comment